Expert Laminate Hardwood Floor Installation
Today’s state of the art manufacturing processes create laminate flooring that looks more like real wood than ever before. Laminate flooring hascharacteristics common toboth engineered hardwood and vinyl wood look tiling. Professional installation is quick and easy, making laminate flooring a cost-effective choice.
Additionally, little or no gluing or nailing is needed because most laminate products are “click and lock.”
Easy to maintain and durable in any room, laminate is a great choice for any Dallas or Fort Worth home.
What is Laminate Flooring?
Laminate flooring has a surface layer of two thin sheets of paper infused with melamine. The surface layer, a photograph of wood grain, is attached to a wood-chip composite board. Well-made laminate is covered by a hard, transparent layer that’s highly resistant to chair scratches, dropped objects, dog toe-nails, high heels, etc.
Pergo might be the best-known brand name in laminate flooring but many other manufacturers, such as DuPont, Mannington and Armstrong produce quality laminate products as well.
Why choose laminate flooring?
- Laminate flooring installation offers an ideal solution for the cost-conscious buyer. The product AND the installation are less expensive than solid or engineered hardwood. Good quality laminate, professionally installed, provides a sturdy, attractive flooring choice.
- Laminate floors make the best choice when you need a highly durable surface. Solid hardwoods dent, while laminate flooring is almost impervious to dents and scratches. Laminate flooring has a tough “wear layer” that give it durability. Some manufactures like DuPont offer 10+ year warranties on the wear layer in their products.
- Laminate Floors are free from defects. Naturally-grown hardwood which comes with many imperfect pieces that need to be discarded or re-engineered. Because laminate flooring is factory produced, there are little or no defects in laminate flooring.
- Laminate stands up to moisture so it can be installed in bathrooms, kitchens, and other places where you encounter “topical moisture.” Remember, however, it will not tolerate standing pools of water. Of course, solid and engineered hardwood are not recommend for installations in these areas either. For heavy moisture, we recommend a very water-resistant surface like vinyl or tile.
- Laminate floors can be easily cleaned with a vacuum or broom. Mop with a slightly damp mop, no floor waxing needed. Laminate’s tough surface resists stains. And if you do get a stain, it’s easy to clean.
- Laminate flooring typically cost less to install than hardwoods while adding beauty, style and ease of maintenance to your home.
To find out how affordable this flooring solution can be for your home, contactTexas Hardwood Flooring, for all your DFW flooring needs. Call us today for an estimate! 214-473-5955