More and more people are choosing hardwood flooring over tile, laminate, carpeting, and other flooring materials. It’s easy to understand why, considering when a beautiful wood floor is installed, it can create a sense of elegance, rustic charm, or relaxed hominess. But to make the most out of your home, you’ll want to show off your advantages. With intelligent decoration, you can turn it into the centerpiece of your home.
Ultimately, design is all about displaying your unique style. Keep reading for a few simple tips to show off your hardwood floor effectively.
- Partnering wood floors with plant life creates a beautiful and natural look. When verdant greens are paired with rich browns, the end result is the feeling of a private nature reserve in your home. Either a natural or artificial plant will do the job.
- Looking to add color and warmth to your home? Just add a colorful rug, and you’ll be amazed at how well the bright shades contrast with the subtle shifts in your hardwood floor.
- One of the best ways to optimize the shine of your floor is through lighting. With standing lamps, they will reflect light off the surface of the floor, and they’ll shine beautifully off the finish.
- If you’re a fan of hanging pictures or photographs throughout your house, a great design tip is to buy picture frames made from the same type of wood as your flooring.
- Some kinds of hardwood flooring can create an environment that’s stately. To keep that look going, decorate with antiques. If you’re using a wood that’s more exotic, try to find out what country the wood is harvested from, and decorate with art from the same country.